MCB 259: PLANT PHYSIOLOGY 1998, Quiz 5
1. EDTA is added to plant tissue culture media
2. "Why" do plants roots secrete protons?
3. Mycorrhizae is a term describing
4. What are the benefits that the mycorrhizal fungi gain from the association with the plant?
5. What is the name for the type of mycorrhizae in which the fungal hyphae do not enter the cells of the plant?
6. What is the name for the type of mycorrhizae in which the fungal hyphae do enter the cells of the plant?
107. What are the different functions of the root? (list at least four)
8. What are the functions of the root cap?
9. What is the quiescent center?
10. In which forms can nitrogen be taken up by the root? (give at least 3 options)
11. State Spenler's (Liebig's) minimum law in your own words:
12. Which elements are often limiting for plant growth?
13. Soils in tropical climates often have no or little ion exchange capacity. Why might that be a problem in agriculture? (Use back of page for your answer.)